The National Commission on Higher Education Attainment released its findings in April of 2012, addressing how faculty engagement with students can enhance retention and determination. It also highlighted the importance of faculty and student engagement and expressed an increased need for professional development opportunities that facilitate instructional proficiency using technology (Rhodes 2012).
Adding technology to an existing curriculum can have incredible benefits for both teachers and students. When used properly, online resources can increase student engagement, develop critical thinking skills, and help students collaborate more with their peers.
Students earn title IV through attendance, and as all administrators know, the percentage of aid earned is equal to percentage of payment period or period of enrollment completed. A School is responsible to return all title IV funds disbursed, but not earned by the student: That's a major gamble for any institution!
Common administrative pitfalls of the technical school industry almost always involves accurate reporting of Title IV funds, and institutions strive to maintain that transparency through a software platform that can automate the process- that is a large amount of trust, if you ask me. Who would want to put all their eggs in a basket without knowing if their new found software will serve them right? Think of all the chaos and rolling-eyes at the financial aid office during a new software transition...and don't forget the time lost to learning the new interface. We here at SchoolVision commend all administrators for their efforts to better their school, that is why we strive for seamless integrations with existing platforms already in use, and offer flexibility in every area to suit your school's needs.
SchoolVision time and attendance software can track calendar days in credit hour programs, as well as scheduled clock hours in clock hour programs. From welding to nursing, and esthetics to cosmetology, Schoolvision can accommodate any program at essentially any school. Our unique ability to add robust customization to our software means a more affordable, and scale-able program that can grow with your school.
Time & Attendance is a core feature SchoolVision offers to track credit hour programs for students at higher education institutions. Live attendance data is collected and uploaded to your SchoolVision database where you can view, monitor, analyze and access reports on your data in real time, from any location.
Administrators, faculty, staff and aid officers can easily maintain records of classroom attendance, control event access, measure interest, boost student engagement (who has and has not participated in events) with the click of a button. Learn more about Time & Attendance
The 90-10 rule refers to a U.S. regulation that governs for-profit higher education. It caps the percentage of revenue that a proprietary school can receive from federal financial aid sources at 90%; the other 10% of revenue must come from alternative sources.
Research proves time and again, utilizing hard data will enhance outcomes for any company, school, or group looking to optimize performance. One area that has substantial economic and social influence is universities and tech schools, preparing students for future careers and successful endeavors.